Incorporating enjoyable and nutritious plant-based meals into one’s diet has become increasingly popular, especially for those participating in the Veganuary movement. With the aim of providing a delectable yet protein-rich option, this blog post takes you on a culinary journey featuring Vegan High Protein Spaghetti Bolognese. They will discover how to create a mouthwatering dish that satisfies both the taste buds and nutritional needs, all while embracing a vegan lifestyle in style. Let him/her explore the wonders of this fantastic vegan recipe and embark on a fulfilling Veganuary adventure in 2024.
Vegan High Protein Spaghetti Bolognese | Veganuary 2024
In this article, we will be reviewing a delightful video recipe created by The Happy Pear, a popular plant-based food company. They have gained quite a following with their health-conscious and delicious recipes that cater to a wide range of taste buds. This particular video showcases their Vegan High Protein Spaghetti Bolognese, a dish packed with plant-based protein and bursts of flavor. So, grab your aprons and get ready to explore this scrumptious recipe!
Recipe Overview and Instructions
To start, Dave and Steve from The Happy Pear recommend using VIVOBAREFOOT shoes. Don’t forget to take advantage of their exclusive offer of a 15% discount with the code HAPPYPEAR15. Now, let’s jump into the high protein spaghetti bolognese recipe.
- Red lentil pasta
- Cook the red lentil pasta according to the package instructions. Once cooked, set aside.
- In a pan, toast the walnuts until they are slightly browned and aromatic. Then, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the finely chopped onion, carrot, celery, and leek until they are softened and translucent.
- Add the lentils and cook for a few minutes until they are heated through.
- Now, add the cooked red lentil pasta and the toasted walnuts to the pan. Gently stir them in, ensuring everything is well combined.
- Season the bolognese sauce with your preferred herbs and spices. The Happy Pear recommends using a bit of oregano and thyme to enhance the flavor profile.
- Finish off the dish by adding the chopped broccoli and let it cook for a couple of minutes until it is slightly tender but still vibrant green.
- Serve the high protein spaghetti bolognese while it’s hot and enjoy a nutritious and delicious meal!
How It Tastes and Storing Suggestions
The Happy Pear’s Vegan High Protein Spaghetti Bolognese is a true delight for the taste buds. The red lentil pasta provides a wonderful base, complemented by the nutty texture of the walnuts. The lentils add a hearty element to the dish, making it a filling choice for a satisfying meal. The combination of vegetables, including broccoli, onion, carrot, celery, and leek, adds a burst of freshness and flavor.
This recipe is not only delicious but also highly nutritious. It is packed with plant-based protein, making it an excellent option for those on a vegan or vegetarian diet looking to increase their protein intake. The bolognese can be enjoyed immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. Additionally, it can be frozen for future meals, making it a convenient and time-saving option for busy individuals.
The Happy Pear’s Vegan High Protein Spaghetti Bolognese is a fantastic addition to any kitchen repertoire. It brings together a variety of flavors and textures, while also providing a substantial boost of plant-based protein. By following the simple instructions provided in their video, you can enjoy this nutritious and delicious meal in no time. Don’t forget to sign up for The Happy Pear newsletter to stay updated on their latest recipes, events, and news.
- Can I substitute the red lentil pasta with another type of pasta?
- Yes, you can substitute the red lentil pasta with any other pasta of your choice. However, keep in mind that this may alter the nutritional value of the dish.
- Are walnuts the only option for adding texture to the bolognese?
- While walnuts provide a fantastic texture, you can also experiment with other nuts such as almonds or cashews. Get creative and find your preferred nutty addition!
- How long can I store the bolognese in the fridge?
- The bolognese can be stored in the fridge for up to three days. Simply reheat it when ready to serve.
- Can I use frozen vegetables instead of fresh ones?
- Yes, you can use frozen vegetables if fresh ones are not readily available. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before adding them to the dish.
- Are Vivo Barefoot shoes essential for making this recipe?
- No, Vivo Barefoot shoes are not essential for making the recipe. They are simply a recommended suggestion for comfortable and sustainable footwear.